Friday, November 03, 2006

Lazy Saturday

So I see the Eagles signed DT Mike Patterson to a long-term extension...um, excuse me, but didn't we just draft him in 2004? Its only his second season and the front office is spending its time worrying about dudes who are still under contract for multiple years. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the move, but it seems to me that there are other things these dudes could be worrying about/focusing on....well, now that that is done....what does this move indicate? Not a whole helluva lot, frankly, other than the Eagles like what seem from Big Mike so far...It follows a pretty standard pattern the Eagles have shown in the past, signing guys to nice extensions well before they approach free agency...

Who should really take note of this development: Safety Mike Lewis and Corner Rod Hood. Now I am sure that the front office has been at least in preliminary talks with both of these players agents, but rest assured, if the Eagles were serious about signing either of these guy, this would be the time...case is still on Hood in my book, but I think he probably walks because the Eagles already have two corners hitched to starting-corner contracts...few teams can afford three of those and Rod definitely thinks he deserves/is looking for starting corner money. As for Lewis, he shoulda signed last year when Sheppard and Brown jumped on the financial security bandwagon and inked themselves to nice signing bonuses....Unless Lewis' play improves dramatically, the Eagles will part ways with the likable safety at the end of the season. Its still possible for #32 to play himself into an extension, but its not likely from where I am sitting.

Other random thoughts from today:
- Why is Kobe Bryant wearing #24? Did I miss something? 32-8 =24 just a stray observation.
- Bet the 76ers are glad they kept A.I. around tonight?
- Why do I like the Black Eyed Peas so much? same goes for Evanescence..that chick is one hot little goth girl...

No comments: