Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wherefore art thou Romo?

I am reserving judgement on Cowboys's new QB Tony Romo...

IF I was a 'Boys fans (don't have to worry about that happening anytime in this life)...the thing that would tick me off is the mid-season switch. I am presuming that many (not all but many) Boys fans think this move is long overdue....The problem of doing it now is one of timing...I mean Romo is in what, his 4th season, and the Cowboys really don't know if he is the "man"....and so now, in a season when a lot of pundits and fans, etc. were expecting a run deep into the playoffs (maybe even SB), the 'Boys are going to have to deal with young "rookie" QB mistakes...I think the job is now Romo's...but unless he's a doppleganger of Roethlisberger, he's not going to be a championship caliber QB this season...

As an Eagles fan, I want to see Bledslow play for as long as possible as I think this impedes the overall progress of the Cowgurls...'Cause lets face it: The Eagles have the BEST QB in the division hands down (a star in the prime of his career). The Giants have the NEXT big thing at QB (from what I've seen of his improvement this year, I have no doubt that Eli is a star in the making, he will be the toast of the division as McNabb's career enter its twilight down the road---not yet, but my hatred of Eli will only deepen from here on). Meanwhile, it has been of no small comfort to see the Skins and Boys basically ignore the most important position on the field and stick with their relics behind center instead of developing their young QBs.

So even if Romo sticks at QB--and I think he has supplanted Drew in Dallas--it will be a little while before he's ready for serious primetime contention (I wouldn't put him in the same category as Big Ben because the Cowboys rely more on their QB to make plays than the Steelers do, or even the Chargers do with LT)...

No comments: