Thursday, October 19, 2006

Micc's Reading List

I've been taking advantage of my time off to catch up on some reading, and I'd like to share the eclectic list of books I'm currently studying...

I just finished Hegemon: China's Plan to Dominate Asia and the World...its a good read if you're a China-watcher or interested in the Asia dynamic of U.S foreign policy...lots of good information revealed by Steven Mosher, I really liked this one. I also recently read The Aquariums of Pyongyang, a stirring story of the man who grew up in one of Kim Jong-ils concentration camps.

I am currently reading 1421: The Year China Discovered America and The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (yeah I am George Romero fan)...the first is pretty eye-opening information about the extent of China's world exploration program. It is written by a former British sub-mariner who did a lot of research, and his personal contribution and insider information regarding navigation really highlight the "exploratory" aspects of his study and make it an entertaining read. As for the Zombie Survival Guide...well, its just a fun read, and if you like Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, or Shaun of the Dead then you will enjoy this book.

Next up on my List: One serious book: Imperial Hubris, and a new novel by one of my favorite fantasy authors, Raymond E. Feist: Flight of the Nighthawks.

No comments: