Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Glad I'm Not a Cards Fan

Its a little last to do a post-game reaction on the MNF Bears theivery the other night, but you know what...it just makes me glad I am not a Cardinals fan...I watched it Tuesday morning in amazement, and the Cards sliced and diced the Bears D...I felt the same misgiving that I've felt numerous times when I think the Eagles are not capitalizing as much as they should on opponents mistakes...and of course, it was validated when the Bears defense and special teams woke up and won the game...

So, after nearly two decades of futility (their last playoff birth was in 1985..they were still the St. Louis Cardinals back then) the team has a new retractable dome, a new QB, a new high-priced high-pedigree running back, and at least two very, very good wide receivers...LOTS of reason for optimism....here are some reasons for pessimism...the O-Line, which everyone was calling crap, performed to expectations...YES the Cards had a 20-0 advantage, but there are two key failings in the game: Edge rushes 36 times for 57 yards...pathetic...second was the WORST play of the game: Second to last play of the 3rd quarter, Leinart takes the snap inside his own 10. His right tackle, exits his stance, looks inside, and spends the rest of play in a preparatory stance, LOOKING for some to block...ummm, dude...your "man" (Chicago's left DE) made a bee-line for the QB, sack, fumble, Mike Brown 3-yd return for a TD....23-10 and the Bears have life...thanks O-line...thanks...

Moving on, are any other Phillies' fans at all surprised that Jim Leyland, the man our pathetic organization passed on when hiring a coach a couple years back, is leading his new team, the Detroit Tigers, to the World Series??? This is why I am happy I am NOT a Phillies fan. (I would like to be a Phillies fan, but I've swore off the Phillies until they get new ownership)

No comments: