Monday, April 30, 2007

Giving the Kol. a Chance

Ok, so its no secret that I hate the fact the Eagles spent their first pick in the 2007 NFL draft on a quarterback. I simply cannot understand the logic, and no amount of "best player on the board" crap is going to convince me otherwise.

Kevin Kolb (pronounced Kobb, as in Corn on the -), however, is not the villain. He did not chose himself, and while I may call him Kernel Kolb (corn has kernels, colonel is a military rank, get it? {ed.: we got it doofus, now move on}) now and again, it doesn't mean I am not prepared to give the man a fair shake.

Check out this blog/video for an intro. to the Eagles new QB (courtesy Houston Chronicle.com).

Listen to an interview/podcast


I will say this for the guy, he says the right things, seems humble, and genuinely interested in playing for the Birds. All pluses....(now if only we'd taken him AFTER taking a DB....). I think there are going to be quite a few new Eagles fans down in Houston (after all, who else are they going to root for, the Texans? HA!)

No comments: