Sunday, September 03, 2006

Random Observations from around the NFL

So the Tex-assns put Domanick Davis on IR, making their failure to select Reggie Bush all the more alarming now that their running game is in the hands of Verand Morency and Wali Lundy (who dat you say? EXACTLY...now these guys might be good, and Houston could be fine but Davis was someone you had to account for and outside of Andre Johnson, the Texans only real playmaker). Too bad Mario can't carry the ball...the production comparison are going to be inevitable, and if the Texans running game stalls...look out...

- I see the Saints put Jermane Mayberry on IR this season...you know...I hope its not the end of his career, but after 11 years, nearly all of them with the Eagles, I have to say it doesn't look good. He did a lot of good in Philly during his time with the Eagles, helping to found the Eagles Eye Mobile to give eye-care to needy children. A class-act, I hope Mayberry comes back to the area, but if he stays in New Orleans, I am sure he will do a lot of good there as well.

- The Jeff George experiment lasted all of a week...still gotta wonder how much confidence coach Art Shell has in the fumble-waiting-to-happen Aaron Brooks...

- Headline on ESPN is Young dazzles in final preseason game...so passing for 80 yds and 1 TD is a "dazzling" performance nowadays...against Green Bay? Color me unimpressed.

- Vinatieri "only" has a sprained foot. I don't care that its his non-kicking foot, any time you start talking about kickers with pained feet, I worry. NOT that I think the Colts are missing Vander-choke about now...but if Mr. Clutch becomes Mr. Crutch...things might not be all that great inside the dome this year...

No comments: