Monday, September 04, 2006

Its Fantasy Time

Well I decided to go forth and do good things this year with fantasy football...I was going to take the season off, with the move to Japan and all I don't know how much time I will have to make adjustments early in the season...

Still, I like the live draft and did it through ESPN this year, the cool part was that all 10 owners were there....Of course all the top backs were gone by the time I picked at 5...and I just couldn't pass on Peyton....I never get him...more backs were disappearing so I focused on them the next couple of picks, snagging Caddilac Williams and Brian Westbrook as my top two starters...(so in a 10 team league I got 3 players rated in the top 20, not too bad)...

Then I decided it was time to get a WR, so I passed on Hines (no Ben, no Hines) and selected Roy Williams, figuring he'll be Kitna's security blanket in Detroit...grabbed Chester Taylor after that as RB insurance and then nabbed Derrick Mason who I think will rebound in a big way after being reunited with Steve McNair...

The rounded out team looks like this:
QB (2): Peyton and Trent Green
RB (5): Caddy and WB, Taylor, Joe Addai and Musa Smith as backups/fodder
WR (4): Williams and Mason start, with Reggie Brown and Muhsin Muhammed for depth
TE (2): Witten starts (yeah I chose a Cowboys AUGH!) with Dallas Clark as my back-up
K (1): David "Green" Akers is where I wanted to be, and I got him
D (2): Steelers start, with the 'Boys D being my mop up crew...
I like the line up...
week 1 I gotta play Tom Brady, Shaun A, Warrick D, T. Glenn and Nate B....

No comments: