Tuesday, January 09, 2007

BCS Rant

Man, trying to recover from all that typing yesterday...

Right now I'm trying to clean out the Tivo a little bit, burning some the late Eagles games to DVD so I can delete them...we've shifted to a mid-shift schedule, so that's mucking with the routine.

Wow, that was some BCS National Championship Game, eh? Anyone else get a chuckle from the fact the Florida Gators are now the Bowl Championship Series National Champion? or that they technically played in the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game....one too many championships in there for me...

And is anyone else disturbed by the needless extension of "Bowl season" these days...Call me old school, but when I grew up Bowl games were on New Years Eve/Day and by Jan 2nd you usually knew who the NCAA Champ was...now we've got Bowl games before Christmas for chrissakes...I mean they televised the goddamn San Diego County Credit Union Pointsetta Bowl out here....WTF?? a local credit union??? If I was an account holder at that bank, I'd be like "uh, fuckos, how about giving me an extra 1% on my savings account instead of concocting some stupid sponsorship for an irrelevant Bowl game....

Moreover, its January 9th (at least it is here in Japan), so that's like at least a week after the college games should ALL BE OVER...I don't need to see all the BCS games get their "day" after New Years...hold two of the big bowls (thats Rose, Fiesta, Sugar and Orange) on New Years Eve and two on New Years Day, and the championship on Jan 2nd....that is IT...it would be a treat for college football fans to have so much great football packed into such a short period of time...let the friggin Outback Bowl and the GMAC Bowl and the Home Depot Toilet Bowl fill in the dead space between Christmas and New Years...or let them play earlier...but quite cluttering the Bowl-scape with 6-6 programs that no more deserve a post-season berth than the choke artist Bungles of the NFL....

No comments: