Monday, July 30, 2007

Back to Work

Well, I've be hitting the books the next couple of weeks as I prepare myself for a job certification during my Reserve time, so I'll try and make sure I take a little bit of time to make some shorter entries and keep this blog fresh....

First things first:
Transformers rocked! I feared that Michael Bay would ruin it, but it turned out to be an inspired choice, the king of the car chase in a movie featuring "Autobots" (yeah I know that's not what it stands for). Transformers proved to be the perfect vehicle for a dude who likes to blow things up as gigantic fighting robots turned into a perfect excuse to decimate the landscape. Were there flaws? Sure were. But I tell you this, they were easily overlooked/forgiven by the sheer amount of whiz-BANG fun that Bay instilled in the 2 hours and 15 minutes.

In the real world: The Eagles wrapped up the rookie/young guy portion of training camp and all the veterans will report tonight, er, now (as I write this). So the real work begin tomorrow. Trying to read all I can about it and stay in touch with what's going on. I'll provide some impressions of how things are going later on.

No comments: