Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Random Thoughts Day

Well, I've had a little bit of time to relax and got to blast a bunch of bad guys in my latest shooter game: F.E.A.R. Combat is fun when you have a reset button....

Now for a few things I think I think:
A) I think Blake had the best individual performance with his first song, but the Jordin was clearly the better singer after the 3 songs....I wonder if Blake's kick-ass rendition of the Bon Jovi song will be enough? If I had to bet money: Jordin returns even money 1:1, Blake 5:1....

B) I think Clinton Portis is a fucking Jackass....the league won't do anything about it - and nor should it - you can't fix stupid....
B-1: I hope Spikes and Trotter plant Portis into Linc turf like a cross-dressing petunia this fall.

C) I'll bet Arthur Blank's representatives are doing everything they possibly can to keep Vick from getting charged, cause if not Mr Pencil moustache has got to be wringing his hands...his new coach just traded away the Falcons primary back-up - skunking the Texans in the process - but also putting all their eggs in the Michael Vick basket for the foreseeable future.

D) Personally, I think its only a matter of time before Vick gets charged. Animals are a touchy subject with many in America...I've never really cared for Vick as a QB, but before this I've never had a reason to build up a distaste for Vick the person...As a dog-lover, oh you can be sure, that distaste is very strong right now.

E) How can this do anything but distract from the Falcons focus? (personally, I say fuck 'em, I've never liked the Dirty Birds...)

F) Does anyone outside of their respective cities care one-whit about the Stanley Cup Finals between the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and the Ottawa Senators? Didn't think so.

G) Yes, I know they're not the Mighty Ducks anymore, but if you're going to change your name, you should do it completely...Mighty Ducks might've been childish and slightly gay, but plain old Ducks? That is just lame....

H) Now that they've made a spectacle of the Lottery of Losers in the NBA, has everyone forgotten about how all the teams at the bottom basically DELIBERATELY sought to lose games or otherwise tank the season so they could get the top pick?? Where's the angst and/or indignation at that? I guess its only fitting that the three biggest losers all got hosed by the lottery balls and none of them scored a top-two pick...HA HA HA HA

I) I think its safer to pick second in this year's NBA Draft...you know you're going to get a young phenom (Most likely Kevin Durant), but you don't have the pressure of choosing which one. If either winds up being a bust, you're fairly safe in saying, that the guy we had to take..........

J) Everytime the Phillies have a chance to be better than strictly average (.500) they lose. Why am I not surprised? Why do I see this pattern of mediocrity creeping into yet another season?

No comments: